Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Introducing myself - ilovetodoodle

Hello everyone! I'm Kelley also for the purposes of our exchange, ilovetodoodle. I live in Southern California, USA and work fulltime at a boring desk job while I search for that dream art job. I went to school and graduated in Illustration. While I know how to work with digital mediums, nothing can replace a pencil and paintbrush for me. I love the old school method, what can I say?

Most of my work is geared towards children's books, but I also really enjoy life drawing and getting my hands dirty while painting. Favorite medium? has to be watercolor. It's one of the most natural mediums for me and I absolutely love to blend and bleed my colors together...I wish oils were more like that.

I've got my moly started and the drawing is all hashed out...now I just need to get in their and add the color, which has always been the slowest part of my process. However, I am very excited about my first exchange, so I doubt I'll be able to keep myself away from it for long.

No comments: